Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Suzuki side Bags

I am currently running a V-strom 650 with a few farcles...of course more to come and I review them individually as I get them on the bike for now I will of course start with the gear already installed. And other farcles will be mentioned as I get them.

Now I have a set of Aluminium side bags on my bike they are the ones the Suzuki pushes through their dealers. Now these bags have been through rain at highway speeds as well of course through sun and the nice things about them are. They don't get to hot despite them being black; what I mean by that is they wont get warm even when not riding. While riding they are of course kept cool but when you stop for a lunch or something you want to know that your sandwich, water or water ever else maybe in there is not boiling. And it does not.
These bags come with a lid seal for the top opening lid and they do come with one liner bag each which are water resistant (I haven't tested this as I had no leak into the boxes but they do repel water fine while sitting in a bathtub or being rinsed in the shower) so if you are in a lot of rain you can keep items that need to stay dry in there just in case.
The are of course as all top opening with lock in the rear and swinging to the front which makes them the same on that count as all Aluminium side bags that I have seen. 

They of course lock to the bike when mounted and the mounting is very easy and straight forward you simply slide the bag onto the pins on the mounts and lock the rear clasp to hold it in place.
Of course the lids lock as well, the locks are a little jiggly at times and you have play with the keys to unlock the cases at times.

The mounting side of the bags.

Exterior with the reflectors adding some visibility.

The side clasp is the clasp locking to the bike.

The Liner bags.

Right Mounting bracket.

Left Mounting bracket.


No comments:

Post a Comment